Friday, October 25, 2013

So I suppose I should tell you the reason I've created this blog. Lately, I've been doing things in an Accidentally Awesome way. And it all started with Spaghetti.

See, my roommate is a chef in training. She's really good and brings home surprises from class all the time. One night, I made dinner for us, instead of her having to cook, and I shared it with her. Apparently, I had cooked the pasta perfectly "Al Dente" and had a delicious 98 Cent sauce from Walmart. She was pleased with it and thought it was very delicious. However, I hadn't meant it to be so delicious! It might seem like a small thing, but I was very pleased to have been complimented from a chef in training! My spaghetti was accidentally awesome.

My second awesome accident was a batch of DE-LICIOUS homemade cinnamon rolls. Holy COW were they awesome.



So I simply have to share it, of course.
Accidentally Awesome Cinnamon Rolls
Dough
2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
4 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tablespoon salt
Filling
1 cup melted butter
1/8 cup ground cinnamon
1 cup sugar
Icing
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tblsp milk

Directions
  • Mix milk, veg. oil, and 1/2 cup sugar in a pan. Scald the mixture(bring to just below boiling point on the stove). Remove from heat and let sit 45 minutes to an hour
  • Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm mixture and let sit till yeast is frothy. You may have to mix it up a little. Add 4 cups flour, cover, and let rise for at least an hour.
  • Add 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt(Mix in a separate bowl before adding), Then stir. At this point, you can keep this mixture in the refrigerator until you need it, or you can just make them right away!
  • Sprinkle a dry, clean surface with flour. Break dough into halves, and then roll each of them into rectangular shapes. Spread the filling over the top and roll, hot-dog style.
  • Cut each roll into 1 or 2 inch slices and place into greased bread pans. 
  • Let rest in the bread pans for 15 to 20 minutes while pre-heating oven to 375 degrees
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
  • Now you can mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk(1 tblsp at a time), and when you're rolls are ready, drizzle the mixture over them.
  • Serve with LOVE. ;)
I also used an aluminum pie pan as one of my baking pans and took that over for my brother and nephews to eat. They really like them, and I had eaten most of a second batch for breakfast at one point. OMGosh, they're splendid with a cup of coffee. 

So that's the first part of being Accidentally Awesome. I'll add more things when I think of them, or they happen. For now, enjoy the present stories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment